Saturday, January 31, 2009

saturday

We had a busy day planned today and all activities revolved around Trey's two basketball games. This morning I cleaned house and washed sheets. Between his games I needed to go to Mesquite for (you guessed it) a return, get the oil changed,vacuum out the car, go to Wal-Mart for swiss cake rolls and other staple items and to sale some clothes to Once Upon a Child. And, I was in the mood to buy Ashlyn some jeans and something new for gymnastics. On the way out of Crandall, I had Trey and Ashlyn with me and Clayson was going with Mimi to Wal-Mart. Somewhere within a half mile radius and a one minute time span, Trey decided he wanted to go with Mimi. So, we meet her at the gas station to make the switch when it turns into some version of a Chinese fire drill...Trey gets out, Clayson gets in and then Ashlyn is out. Turns out, Clayson and I would be making the trip to Mesquite. We head out and get to the AT&T store for my return that I have put off for three weeks and come to find out I don't have my debit card and they can only "refund the way it was tendered", I mouthed something about the fact that we don't live anywhere close to here, my thirty days is almost up and most places give cash back for debit card purchases. Red-headed salesman was not budging, his final words were " next" as if to tell me to move on, I was holding up the line and his opportunity for commission. I became a bit concerned because we were starving, not the fact that I did not know where my debit card was (ok, so I remember putting it in my back pocket after pumping gas last night). I knew that I had at least $14 cash and we could figure out ways to eat on that. But the jeans and gymnastic suit was out. I dropped off the clothes at Once Upon a Child and Clayson and I went into El Fenix knowing that we would get one order and possibly even share a drink. Thank goodness for free chips, tortillas and refills. *I did let him get a kid's drink when we decided on nachos for lunch. There was that much money to spare. We got out of there with money for the vacuum and that would be it.

My list of places to go remains full. And, we all know how I feel about my Sunday afternoons. Looks like I will have no choice, I have to have my swiss cake rolls - oh, and all the other things, like getting the oil changed and stuff because in case you didn't know, that there's fighting words at our house - don't you dare go 2,000 miles over the suggested mileage on the window sticker. Thanks for the reminder Kwik Lube.

No comments: