Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Farewell to President George W. Bush



This picture says it all, doesn't it?! President Bush saying "I am out of here!" and Obama may be saying, "Wait a minute, what have I gotten myself into?" Ha! I googled for a picture of those two together as an opening to this blog and this is what came up. Speakers may not tell the whole truth in their speeches and the unconfrontational will say what others want to hear but pictures don't lie. George W. has had enough and Obama has promised more than enough.




Yesterday was a much anticipated day by many and a bittersweet day for the rest of us. It was hard to hold back the tears of sadness to see George W. leaving but I know that he must be so relieved to have the weight of the world lifted from his shoulders. I loved him as President. I know that he made some unpopular decisons but my goodness think back to eight months after he took the oath, he was faced with the tragedy of 9-11. It is amazing that he has been able to keep us safe, has protected our freedom and has made such an impact on the way that we view war. He is a Christian man that has held true to Christian values with such integrity. With him, we truly could be one nation under God. I sincerely hope that President Obama stands firm on these morals alone. We cannot function without God being put in the center of our nation. I hope that he prays over all decisions, laws, personnel and for the safety of his family. I pray for him and his leadership in this nation.


Though I may have a difference of political views and opinions, I did want to be involved in the inauguration that would become one of our most historical events (and probably even a holiday). We watched it throughout the day in our classrooms. It was an amazing day in history and gives hopes to those who may have been hopeless. And, as Christians, we must stand behind President Obama and pray for him as the President of the United States of America. God has placed him in this position for a reason.



United we stand.

No comments: