Monday, January 12, 2009

sugar & spice


Tonight I had the opportunity to take the triple A girls to gymnastics and let the other two moms stay home with their little bits. I would say stay home to rest but who would I be kidding?! (A little background knowledge: my two lifelong best friends and I all have Kindergarten girls and their names all start with the letter A. Last Monday Anna and Ashlyn started gymnastics with Alex, who was already taking).

I picked up Anna at her Nana's and Alex from her house and off to Forney we went. First stop: Double Daves. Giggling, squealing and nonstop talking were amongst the joy ride there. And not to mention the new chant that Ashlyn taught them. "first, second, third - elementary nerd" - the joy of big brothers. It didn't stop in the car. They were just as giddy while eating Pizza. I just wanted to listen in and here are some stories and tidbits of our pizza parody.

* The first discussion was who was sitting in the middle. To solve it all, Anna asked if she could just sit by me. As much as I would like to be the cool mom, I know it will probably be Allison so I took this request with pride and told Anna that I would love to sit by her. Somehow, I ended up sitting with Alex but no one ever complained. They were too busy tearing up some cheese pizza, cherry tomatoes, coke (diet and cherry) and chocolate chip pizza to care where they were sitting.

* It was beyond Alex why we were supposed to get a clean plate every time we went back to the buffet. It made absolutely no sense to her why they would want to wash that many dishes. She even asked the waiter about it and asked him if he liked to wash dishes - she said she had never seen someone who liked to wash that many dishes.

* The subject of boys came up and they all agreed that the only boys they liked were Jesus and God and they know that they have three daddies. Anna also informed them that there were angels sitting there so they were careful not to sit on the angels.

* Hilight of the day, maybe even the school year, is Anna and Ashlyn got ID tags to wear at school. Ashlyn keeps referring to it as her merit badge. She even wants her clothes to match it tomorrow.

Ashlyn cried all the way to gymnastics because she did not get to sit in the middle. I was so irritated with her. Anna told me about how one day Ashlyn cried at school and went and sat in her lap. Not surprising. Anna's mom is a motherly friend and is obviously raising her sweet little girl to have the same compassion.

They did great at gymnastics and seemed just as wound up on the way home. Somewhere along the way I had lost my energy.

Boys came up again on the ride home. Ashlyn told Alex she could have Trey and Anna could have Clayson. Anna's response was, "Trey is the funnest but I like to have the baddest", every mother's nightmare.

The rest of the way home there was the discussion of not taking any kind of medicine unless it has your name on it and if someone breaks in your home do you a.) call the police b.) call security or c.) stop by the prison. They all had different viewpoints.

It was a great night and I just love getting to listen. They make me smile :) I hope that this friendship stays strong, because they really have no choice but to be friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time, swing by my house on your way just so I can hear the three of them. That's hilarious. Thanks for making me laugh!

Unknown said...

Thanks for making me laugh too! Let's hope Anna makes it through the 'baddest' boy stage right now, and then gets sick of them until she the perfect one comes along when she is established in her career of choice! I love that they love each other. And at least you know will always be ahead of me in the cool mom club:)
Thank you again - I actually cleaned the kitchen and kept the washer running - something we will all appreciate manana!