Tuesday, January 27, 2009

this & that

I intented to write last week, then over the weekend but apparently today is the magic day for blogging. I don't have a topic to focus on, just a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I'm sure those with A.D.D. can hang :)

We had a sick day last week and got sick of being stuck at home on such a pretty Winter day so the kids, Mamaw and I loaded up and went to see George W. Bush's new home in Dallas.


The kids weren't all that enthused but I was. One day maybe they will realize the significance. And maybe one day I can go back when he is home...

Ashlyn is doing gymnastics on Mondays and Trey has started basketball games on Saturdays. (And, he even scored a goal in the first game - woohoo!) Clayson is living an uneventful life, waiting on baseball and football to roll around.

We've gotten to hang out with Megan (the brother's girlfriend) on a couple of occasions and I am pretty sure they need to get married.

The friends and I have celebrated Sharon's birthday three times and all were tons of fun. Trust me, we are classy - not trashy :)


(Just a random thought - Fox 4 chooses some of Dallas' finest to interview. Geesh.)

Talk about being scared...Jared was at the station last week and he calls me to tell me he is 1/2 mile from our house on a murder call - one guy shot in the back of the head, one guy tied up in the bathroom and the gunmen were on the loose, ran off in our direction. I am home alone, it is dark and my mom will be home from church with the kids any minute. I turn off all the lights and go hide in my closet, with the perfect corner in mind should I hear stranger danger. I stay on the phone with a friend, tell my mom not to bring the kids home but to send my dad over. He comes over and turns on the lights, says they are looking for dark places to hide. I run around like crazy gathering school clothes ( I knew there was a reason the laundry wasn't put up yet), makeup, shoes, chi, backpacks and purse. And, we go to their house for the night. Ashlyn thought I was tied up and Clayson was afraid our house was going to get broken into. So much for getting to bed early.

That's all I can think of for now. I am highly addicted to facebook, reading blogs and my iPhone. Other than that, I am spending time being a good mom and wife :)

It's cold here and we are hoping for a delay in the morning. I'll probably negate the thought of getting more rest by staying up late. Never fails.

Peace out. Word to ya mother.



3 comments:

Misty said...

Oh my gosh!!! A wild gunman!!! What a crazy night for you guys!

Unknown said...

Anna was certain that you slept in the closet at MimiKaren's all night long. Absolutely Certain.

Janette's Joys said...

Feffie---I'm so jealous that you saw their new house! Next time I'm in the area I am sooo going to have to see it:)

Watch out for crazy gunmen!!!!!