Thursday, January 1, 2009

an AHA! moment


Happy New Year friends. Just when Ashlyn has gotten used to writing 2008 on her papers while spending four months in Kindergarten now she will have to write the new year 2009. Hands down, I bet she is better at remembering the change than I am. I'll get to practice tomorrow at our work day. Yes, it is back to work - but just until noon - tomorrow. I am so sad to see this break end. I promise you that it wasn't until Sunday (nine days into the break) that my kids and I got back into the routine of sleeping late. Granted, there was a lot going on but still getting up at 8:30 seemed pointless most days. Now that we get back into this restful groove it is back to school. As they say, all good things must end. And the good year of two thousand and eight has also ended.

If I were to take a quick trip down "memories of 2008" lane some of the most memorable would include, (but are not limited to), the following:

1. Trey was baptized.

2. Our trip to Disney World with my mom.

3. Trey was hospitalized with a sever staph infection.

4. Ashlyn graduating preschool and starting Kindergarten.

5. Building our amazing house after two years of being near "homeless".

6. The election.

7. Clayson's idea to create a mud pool and all the kids joining in the fun.

8. Our Colorado vacation.

9. Clayson's first touchdown.

(If I were more motivated I would put a picture with each memory.)



According to Webster here is a definition for a word commonly used throughout the past week.

res·o·lu·tion
1: the act or process of resolving: as a: the act of analyzing a complex notion into simpler ones b: the act of answering : solving c: the act of determining.
I really want to come up with some New Year's resolutions but can't really come up with anything.I am sure there are some things that need to be resolved; can't think of any big problems I care to break down into simpler ones (at that point you go from one problem to a bunch); I am determined - determined to get more rest, spend fun times with the kids, get an iPhone, look into putting Ashlyn into gymnastics and to get some things to put into my entry -way. I'm sure some of you can come up with more complex goals in life, I have to make mine on a daily basis on my to-do list. Things like this overwhelm me. I can tell you that one of my biggest accomplishments of 2008 was learning to pay the bills before spending the money shopping and going out to eat and it worked out so much better. If any of you were needing any suggestions...

On a more random note - Ashlyn and I rang in the new year with Cindy, Corbin, Angela, Nathan and Normandy. Clayson and Trey rang it in with their Nana and Andrew. Jared rang it in at the fire station. Not much excitement but it was fun and safe. (And, is it just me or is it so very sad to see Dick Clark?)

Jumping for joy - HAAAPY NEW YEAR!!


watching the ball drop


Today, New Year's Day, we went to my Mamaw and Papaw's to hang out and eat the ever-s0-lucky black-eyed peas. We played Chicken foot with the dominoes and my brother brought his friend, Megan. For those of you that know my brother, you know what a huge step this is :0) We were all impressed and hope she comes back around.


Chicken Foot


Now, I sit here in the bed contemplating whether I need to set out Ashlyn's clothes for tomorrow or if I could grab them on the go in the morning. AHA! That is a great resolution - get things ready the night before (clothes, lunches, bags, etc.) to make for an easier morning. Guess I'd better start that now. I wonder if we can wear jeans tomorrow...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you!! I hope you make a bunch of fun memories and seek blessings in all that you do.

1 comment:

A is for Angela said...

we really are family cause I am still trying to think of all my resolutions as we speak. But most of mine are already being done. By the way where is cindy in our picture?