Monday, February 2, 2009

yes...

Yes, I have three kids. Yes, they make me happy. Yes, they make me crazy. Yes, they make my life worth living. Yes, I love them. Yes, I stay busy. Yes, they all have the same daddy. And sadly, yes, they are growing up.

Here's proof.
* CLAYSON * 11 YEARS OLD* FIRST BORN * YOUNG MAN *
I have found evidence of him growing up in his bathroom and in his pants pockets, in his emails and in his independence. At Wal-Mart he insisted that I buy him a can of hair spray to keep in his bathroom. He carries around a small bottle of cologne in his pocket. He never argues about taking a shower and even takes one on nights we might be "clean enough" not to. His break-up email to a girl was so sweet and worded so well, maybe he writes like his mama but lets hope he has the compassion of his daddy. And, I let him drive my car down to the end of the road to manage the gate. It may in part be due to my laziness but I'd like to think I am encouraging and strengthening his independence. He's almost to the point of being a preteen and I can't believe it. He has grown up so fast. The memories of him as a baby and a biter are so vivid and seem like yesterday.

* TREY* NINE YEARS OLD* MIDDLE CHILD


* MY LITTLE BOY*


Trey is as easy going as they come. There is so much about him that has changed so far this year- from the fact that he can make his own oatmeal, put the milk up after he has poured it (and not spilled any), more often than not puts up his dirty clothes and even his aggression and risk-taking on the basketball court has increased. He loves playing basketball and is quick to get from one end of the court to the next. He will shoot the ball if he's open - and even attempted a three pointer in the last game :0). It takes a bit to get him motivated or involved in things but once he is he becomes pretty dedicated to the task at hand. He's a big, bad, third grader and is gonna rock the TAKS tests this year.


* ASHLYN* FIVE YEARS OLD* YOUNGEST



* OUR BABY GIRL*


I don't even know where to start with this one. All I know that if I had had her before the boys, I would have worried about their progress. She was a quick talker, a fast learner and has the memory of an elephant. Her newest thing is playing games with her daddy - they play Trouble and CandyLand and to hear him try to reason the rules with her is priceless. She is stubborn and he is a rule follower. She does not like to lose. She also loves to read and is becoming very fluent. I have never even considered having another baby but seeing this baby grow up sure makes it hard to know that those infant and toddler years are behind us. I am just thankful that she still likes to be held and is so very loving.


As the kids grow up life becomes easier, it gets busier and memories become precious.
Yes, I am blessed.

3 comments:

Charity said...

So sweet! You have a beautiful family.

Unknown said...

Ahhh... It is so peaceful to count our blessings!

On another note - is that donkey in the foreground of the pic?

Stephanie said...

Oh, yes! We are back to the donkeys. Davis Ranch take II.