Saturday, January 17, 2009

science on saturday

Why is it that all kids were up and at'em at 8:30 this morning?! Can a mom not get one day a week to sleep in? Geesh. Here is what I woke up to and tried to sleep through.

The five senses on an early Saturday morning.

Touch: Ashlyn wanted some oatmeal so she patted me on my head until I woke up.

Taste: I tried to get a drink of my coke from last night and yuck, nothing worse than a flat coke.

Smell: Evidently, Ashlyn couldn't wait for me to make her oatmeal so she tried to fix it herself for three minutes in the microwave. Let me tell you, burnt oatmeal smells a lot like burnt popcorn.

Hear: This morning I honestly wondered why in the world we built the boys gameroom over our bedroom. BIG mistake. I heard running, basketball shooting, Ashlyn on her microphone, fighting, whining, tattling and the TV. They heard plenty of yelling or their cell phone ringing so I could chew them out over the phone - still refusing to get up.

See: When I finally got up I saw the stool pulled over to the microwave where Ashlyn had been busy cooking and cereal on the floor where they must have missed their bowl. I also saw some charred oatmeal in a bowl - Clayson wondered if it was burnt or if it was a big blueberry.

I should have stayed in bed.

No comments: