Tuesday, December 30, 2008

sounds of the season

I must say that I am still recovering from the 12 hour post-Christmas clean up on the day after. And the three hours worth of returns on Sunday (if this tells you anything, I did not have to wait in any lines). I have mentioned before that I am a returning fool. I tend to overspend and it makes me feel better to be putting money back in the bank instead of taking it out. It was well worth the eight stops that I had to make. Other than that, I have been "tuning in" to the things going on around me and thought I would share some sounds of the season.

Some of the best sounds of the season
(all following Christmas) are:
* the sounds of happy kids playing with toys
* the lack of arguing, whining and fighting
* the TV turned up as I take down, put up, and set out the trash
while the happy kids play in their own rooms
* "Would you like cash back or would you like
me to credit this back to your account?"
Some sounds that I have heard since the day I started Christmas break - most have become almost a daily occurence with the amount of company
and the frequency of having guests are:
* the dishwasher running
* the washer and dryer because I can't stand to see it
piling up and Ashlyn cannot wear just one outfit a day
* hot bath water
(yesterday I took four - it is a good escape)
* the swish of the broom and scrape of the dustpan
* rustling in the kitchen
Some new sounds:
* Trey's iPod blaring
* Clayson texting (there is a limit on this)
* Ashlyn talking to her new baby "Mistletoe"
Some fun sounds:
* my friends and I laughing at b-i-n-g-o and
dinner at the Roadhouse
* ping-pong challenges (even
if is set up in the dining room)
* an adventure to the American Girl store where
apparently the party never ends
* laughter in general - me, the kids, Jared, family and friends
A sweet sound:
*Ashlyn's Uncle Craig asked her if she knew what a heart was.
She told him that yes, it's what you love with. It's what I love my daddy with.
I am so sad to see this two week vacation coming to a close. We have had so much fun with Christmas, with our families, with our friends and with each other.
Sounding off...

No comments: