Wednesday, October 1, 2008

pedicures and such

This week has been totally rad. Yes, I am product of the 80's. Like, I have had so much free time. And the 90's.

Ok, getting real. I have realized that I am obsessed about blogging, always looking for something to write and something to read. I have decided to write about my week - you know, the radness of it.

Sunday was a good day. I got my new laptop because my old one died. I got the house cleaning done and the laundry washed, dried and put up. We had steaks on the grill and baked potatoes during the Cowboy game (which was not so rad) and then I just layed around the rest of the day. I am stingy with my Sundays. Church is the only place I want to go. I spend the rest of the Sabbath resting. It's necessary.

I have had some gracious grandparents take their grandkids all three evenings this week - leaving me to have some time to do what I like to do and what I need to do. Monday afternoons the kids go to their Nana and Pop's to spend time and eat dinner. While they were there this week, I did absolutely nothing. Jared was at the station so I completely chilled out. To the point that I was having to pack Ashlyn's lunch in a rush the next morning (instead of in my free time).

Last night, Ashlyn and Trey went to Mimi and Pawpaw's and Clayson and Jared went to football practice for over two hours. I used this time to get into the loft and bring down the fall decorations. I sorted through it and put up some pumpkins and Halloween stuff here and there. I lit a pumpkin spice candle to enhance the fall atmosphere. Ah, the power of orange.

Tonight I had made plans to go out to dinner. Jared is a homebody and likes to always stick around but I called him at lunch and said let's go to dinner tonight - it's been a long time. He agreed and I told the kids after school that we would be going to eat, possibly at Roadhouse. Clayson decided that he wanted to invite a friend and go to church with Mimi. Ashlyn also decided to go to church. My dinner bill was slowly shrinking. As we were getting ready, Trey decided that he wasn't hungry (maybe after two brownies) and that he wanted to go to church. Looked as if it would be a date night until Jared opted out, too. I was cranky at this point. Jared did not say he wouldn't go - he just would not make a decision - where to go and whether to go at all. I took it upon myself to count him out. (We all know that when a man is hungry he can decide or agree on where to go eat - I was getting little to no response from him.) So, I was talking to Allison and she said that she was up to having dinner as long as it was mexican. I was game - it beat the leftovers I was going to have to resort to. We went to eat and I enjoyed her little A girls and some good conversation. We strolled down to Payless and I realized that if I had two cute girls I would be in debt forever. She got some cute shoes for little A. From there, I had time for a pedicure and enjoyed all the effects of the hot, bubbling water and the brown polish. I got home with forty minutes to spare before the kids got home from church.

I have enjoyed my week. I feel rested and vibrant. I was given some much needed time to recuperate from long days at work and the kids always enjoy the lovin' they get when they are with the grandparents.

Coming soon: things i have learned :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

So glad that I helped to make your week totally rad. SIKE! hahaha