Wednesday, October 22, 2008

internet interrupted

Who knew how much the internet really impacted my life. The past 5 days have been a reality check for me with some irrational decisions along the way - many trips to Best Buy, many phone calls to the Geek Squad and Acer, frustrations beyond my control.
Last Thursday my new laptop screen cracked internally - no idea how. This crack caused the LCD stuff to bleed and the screen was unviewable with lines and a gray area. I got on the phone, you would have thought it was a medical emergency and the Geek Squad was my 9-1-1. They diagnosed it as a cracked screen and this was not covered under the manufacture warranty. Friday I continued making phone calls and finally made it up to Best Buy on Saturday. One look at my product and in so many words, they told me I was screwed and the cheapest route would be to buy a new laptop. I have only had that one for TWENTY days and there was nothing they would do about it. The luck. I went back to Best Buy Saturday night to argue with the manager and the only advice that she could give me was to buy a screen and just set it up like a desktop. I took her advice and all was well until the profile destroyed itself. Not only can I not see the screen but now there is a software issue. I took the screen back Sunday where I wanted to go postal on them but that is hard to do in your church clothes. The boys and I decided to buy a desktop set and go with that. Got it home, set it up and it won't hook up wirelessly to the internet. Took that back today. I hope they are as frustrated with me and my returns as I am with them and the worthless laptop. I did buy a laptop today and was sure to buy the accidental insurance this time.
I missed being caught up on the blogs, downloading my pictures and the internet. I can't say that I got any more housework or laundry done than normal. I don't know what I did with all my time. Well, yes I do. I spent time in Mesquite and on the dern phone. Thank goodness for the speakerphone option. There was only so much of the elevator music I could take.
Enough of that. It makes me sick.


Here are some Saturday hilights featuring two of my little pirates.


Ashlyn went to cheer clinic and had a great time.



Here we are at Clayson's game - with the sun in our eyes.


Clayson finally got his hands on the ball on the kickoff return.


And here is some random fall fun.

Align Left

He's sure to sneak up on some big ol' bucks with a face like that.

Our littlest punkin'

It's been real and it's been fun but it hasn't been real fun...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Precious pics! And I am glad you are back among the living. Or at least among the connected!