Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October 15th


Another year older, another year wiser... Cliche, I know, but I have to agree with this statement because I know much more now than I did back in the day. Not that there is anything drastic I would have changed but maybe I would have argued with my mom less, spoken to my dad more and befriended my brother. Thank goodness I have been given the opportunity to do these things in my adult years.

Yes, today is my birthday. My birthday is not high on my list of priorities but there are some people I would like to hear "Happy Birthday" from and all but one did not let me down. You guessed it, Jared did not realize that today was my birthday until about 1:00. After fourteen years of being together he knows the date but he did not realize that today was the 15th. He thought it was the 14th. He made up for my temporary hurt feelings by offering to take me out to dinner. For once, I did not want to go out. I wanted grilled hamburgers and bbq chips. He gave me the best birthday present ever, (this is how I know I am getting old), he stopped at Wal-Mart and got the two things I needed - bread and milk - along with the ingredients to make the burgers. I just hate having to go get groceries so him doing this was such a relief. Shout out to Jared for going to Wal-Mart, making me dinner and for the clock to hang above the kitchen window.

My students were so sweet to bring me gifts and cards. They showed me some love today. I'll have snacks, drinks, pickles, journals and candles to satisfy me for a long time. They're the sweetest.

I got the nice comments on myspace, the voicemail, and the text from my brother who told me I was only seven years away from forty. Yep, I'm headed right up that hill but am so glad I have such great friends to make the journey with me.

Thirty-three holds special meaning to me because of a #33 I once knew and loved. I'll enjoy being that number all year long.

5 comments:

Jana said...

Happy Birthday! I hope that it was a great day!

Allison said...

Happy #33! I'll always be younger, and now that we're "in our thirties," it's finally a cool thing.

Unknown said...

Yeah, it might be cool since we are here, but I refuse to think about forty yet. And I might have to trip your Jason the next time I see him for even suggesting it!

The topper to Jared's gift would have been to mop the floor!

Tiffany said...

Glad you had a great birthday! 33 wasn't bad as I remember! Sounds like you have a sweet husband!

Charity said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day!
I will be that age come November 7....yikes!
I guess its better than the alternative. :)