Sunday, October 12, 2008

fall fun

Today was a big day. It was a day for celebrating birthdays and we had the event at my house. Besides bunco (right after we moved in), this is the first gathering we have had in the new house. Many of the family members had not seen the house so we were excited to have them over and enjoy the comfort of our home. I cleaned my heart out last night and finished with the steam mopping this morning. It was time well spent.

The family started arriving around 12:30 and when everyone was here, there were 23 people in the house. We all seemed comfortable on the sofas, in the recliner, on the bar stools and in the patio furniture. Lunch was chili pie or chili dogs with all the fixins. My dad thought I should have supplied alka-selzer for dessert. Instead, we had banana pudding, pink stuff (my Granny and Ed's specialty that all the kids love), chocolate cake, pineapple cake and banana nut bread. If anyone left hungry it was their own fault. Some went on for round two later in the afternoon - but I won't mention any names :)

The kids - there were 6 - rode around the pasture, played with silly string, threw rocks and sticks in the pond and enjoyed a special treat. The treat was caramel apples. (Shout out to Jennifer and Diane for this idea.) I made the apples and after lunch we went out to let the kids enjoy them and got some pretty cute pictures. Ashlyn can't be my child. She picked all the caramel off and just ate the apple. What a waste...

So, here is our fun fall day in pictures.








We are blessed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the pics! And jealous of the family time! Glad you used the apple idea... I just thought... A already supplied you with a possible grandmother name - Feffie. Good luck today!