Saturday, October 25, 2008

sunshine after the rain

I know you have all heard the term - when it rains, it pours. Well, it has poured at our house all week. The computer issues. The propane gas running out after only two months (and I don't cook that often). A leak in the gas line and bad valves on the tank (a more reasonable explanation as to why the gas has run out). A water leak in the front yard. Sheep getting out. The gate battery going dead. Jared threatening to throw away things I have not brought inside from the shop to the new house since the move.
*
I won't bore you with the details as I did with my laptop story. Everyday this past week brought a new challenge but we conquered them all - well, almost. The propane tank still has to be fixed. I'm hoping that happens early next week because breakfast for dinner sure sounds good and you can't cook pancakes and eggs without the stove. I am very fortunate to have a husband who can do/fix just about anything. But he claims that he does not have room to work in the shop until I get the rest of the boxes/stuff out of his shop. That is my goal for the week. I can't wait to rummage through spider webs and get things cleaned off to bring into the house. It's the stuff that you don't unpack until you need and I haven't needed it. As soon as he throws it away it will be a necessity. I will finish moving, I will finish moving, I will finish moving...
*
The kids have had a good week. Trey - what can I say about Trey. He's not very active, easy to please and not involved in anything at this time. TV time makes for a great night for him. Clayson got a Sonic gift card from his coach for playing such a great football game last weekend. He has found out what it was like to get picked on by older boys and even boys that claim to be his friend. I told him if he would just treat those boys like he treats his brother they would leave him alone. Both of the boys are hunting this weekend since it is youth weekend. Ashlyn cheered at the 9th grade half-time. She loves it and the attention she gets from the cheerleaders. She went to a spa birthday party last night and believe it or not, her favorite part was getting bit by the birthday girl's hamster. Rodents love to bite her. I hesitate to write this but one night this week she told me that she wanted to wear her dress and her retards to school. Jared and I looked at each other and laughed knowing that she meant leotards.
*
Halloween is upon us and at this point I have one Hannah Montana and two boys who are non-participants. We will be carving pumpkins this week and attending festivals. It is red ribbon week so we will have some freedom of dress each day. That's exciting.
*
I am thankful for a happy ending to the week of minor catastrophes and look forward to things going right and lots of good candy next week.

No comments: