Sunday, April 19, 2009

weekend wrap-up

It has been a good weekend.

* Saturday I had plans to do a whole lot of nothing but ended up washing clothes and bed sheets. That took all day but I did manage to rest inbetween loads. We experienced the death of two fish. Ashlyn says the reason that they were floating was because they got tired of swimming. She has the answer for everything.
* Saturday night I hired a sitter - which the kids loved and even asked if she could come back - while I met some teaching friends and old friends for a nice dinner at Texas Roadhouse. I even squeezed in the dreaded trip to Wal-Mart while the kids were at home. There is nothing like the freedom of only having to keep up with the buggy and the buggy does not ask for anything. Rock on.


* Today I took a little nap and for the life of me cannot figure out why naps make me feel terrible. I always feel nauseous and have no appetite when I get up and it lasts at least two hours. This would be the perfect diet. A nap a day might rid my desire to snack and could maybe even replace a meal. I am not sure my family could tolerate this grumpiness on a daily basis.


* Tonight the family went to El Fenix downtown to have dinner with my dad and Trey for their birthday celebration. My dad and Trey share an April 20th birthday. Mom, dad, Mamaw, Papaw, Jason, Megan and my crew met there and had a delicious dinner and interesting activites - led by Uncle Jason. (In case you are wondering, by the time the food came, my appetite was back.) Trey hates, and I do mean hates, when he is the center of attention and had already told us NOT to tell them it was his birthday. Like that was going to happen. Here is Trey when the crew snuck up behind him and started singing.



I love it!

Tomorrow, I will honor Trey with a special birthday post. Come back and visit :)

No comments: