Wednesday, April 1, 2009

heavy heart

This little guy has weighed so heavy on my heart this week. This is baby Stellan. His mama was told he would not survive while still in the womb. He did survive and at the age of five months, he is fighting for his life. I do not know this family. I happened upon her blog link while reading someone else's. I started reading a week and a half ago and check it many times daily for updates in the blog or her twitter.

It's such a heart wrenching story. A baby going through so much pain. A mama having to watch her baby endure the pain, to hear the cries, to see the doctors and nurses hard at work trying to figure out how to slow down his heart but yet cannot find the answers. A mama and her baby totally helpless. A daddy taking care of the three older children and needing to be there for his wife and baby boy. I cannot imagine how torn he must be. But, in the midst of this suffering and pain there is Jesus. And the faith of Stellan's mom is unbelievable. Her anger and frustration make her real but her faith makes her outstanding.

She has recently posted one of my favorite Christian songs in a blog and it puts things in such perspective as it plays a video of baby Stellan growing. The worst thing that can happen is that Stellan will not be able to survive this but at our very worst, He is at His very best. It's a notion I cannot conceive and hope that I never have to face with my own loved ones.

Please take a moment to read about Stellan and lift them up in prayer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! How cool that you came across MckMama's blog! I have been a follower for a while now....and I am actually a part of the original "bracelet posse!!" If you don't have one, click on the button on her blog and order one. It's back up and I'm starting to send them out again! So, So, So glad you are praying for sweet Stellan!Talk to you soon,tell Jared and the boys hi from the cousins! Kim