Sunday, April 5, 2009

crazy busy

We have been crazy busy these past few days. And to think that it is already April. It totally snuck up on me. We are enjoying the spring weather, the groceries that I stocked up on and the option to wear either shorts or pants and to be comfortable in either one. We really are easy to please around here. Here is what we have been up to at the house and on the fields.
*
THURSDAY:
*
Despite the mud and the ferocious cold winds Ashlyn played soccer and Clayson played baseball. All day long I was hoping for rainouts but all was a go. They both played at the same time, in the same complex.

These girls were troopers and gave it their all, making it a 3-0 season (so far) for the girls in hot pink.
*

FRIDAY:

*

Friday we had a TAKS rock concert to kick-off our Math TAKS on Tuesday. I always look forward to letting my hair down and having a good time for the kids. And to think, there used to be a day when I would never have gotten in front of a group of kids for any kind of attention, other than teaching. Now, I dig it! Clayson, my 5th grader, not so much. He says I embarass him. Ha! He just says that, he knows that I am one cool mom.

*

At some point on Friday, I decided to run to Canton's First Monday right after school. I knew there would not be enough time on Saturday or Sunday to make the run to Dog Alley, so it was Friday afternoon or never. The reason for the trip was to get Trey his birthday present. He has been wanting a Jack Russell puppy since ours died while building the house. I could think of nothing better than to let him pick one out. Here is our newest family member, Buddy.



This puppy has no idea what is in store for him when Ashlyn is around. She told me last night that she wanted me to take her to Wal-Mart to get some clothes for him. Poor pup.

*

SATURDAY:

*

Between laundry and cleaning the house, I decided to go up into the loft (where we have stored stuff in the shop) and clean it out. I hate thinking that I have pictures and clothes up there that need to be in the house. I worked on that until it was time for the soccer pictures and game. Trey and I have a whole "new" wardrobe with clothes that have been stored for two years. The washer and dryer have been running since Saturday at 10:00 a.m. It is wearing me out. I have cleaned picture frames, bought under-the-bed totes and reoorganized. It's going to be a Spring project.

*

We played Soccer today and just had to brave the wind. It was nice and warm. Ashlyn scored her first goal. Yay! These girls have so much fun and it sure makes coaching easy for Jennifer and I. Here are some game hilights. We are now 4-0. Go Sassy Sidekicks!


Saturday night, my mom and I met Megan (Jason's girlfriend) and her mom and sister at Snuffers. We had such a good time eating and talking. I could get used to this :) You know how I have always wanted a sister.... Time will tell.

SUNDAY:

*

We went to church and Sunday School and I had big plans to clean the loft, make a roast for dinner and work all day around here. So much for that. We had soft tacos for lunch and cereal for dinner. I have finally finished the laundry. The house is clean, for the most part. I napped for about three hours and now I am completely worthless.

I have continued to keep up with Stellan's story and keep him in my prayers.

*

I hope you have all enjoyed the weekend and look forward to a short week and Easter weekend. Give God the glory.

1 comment:

Charity said...

Love the cute little puppy! :)