Thursday, April 23, 2009

overheard and all over the place

Warning: this post is to be filled with random, passing thoughts along with a digital visit of the Davis pets. Please be advised that my thought processes come and go and if you, too, have trouble staying focused - you may not notice my flightiness.

Let's just say that I took some notes on my way home from running errands today. Notes about the conversations in the back seat. Evidently, my children are as random as me. Naturally.

I'll start with my notes. (I just had Trey and Ashlyn. Ashlyn had gymnastics, Trey was going to get to spend his birthday money and Clayson stayed home to go to baseball practice.)

Conversation between Trey and I.

T: Mama, what do you have to do to make history and get your own landmark?

M: You have to do something historical.

... boy am I smart.

(* The first thought that popped into my head was a quote by Marilyn Monroe that I find amusing: "Well behaved women rarely make history". But, I didn't think this was something to share with my ten year old based mostly on my explanation of his original question *)


Conversation between Trey and Ashlyn.
Trey convinced Ashlyn that mean teachers are the best. Maybe I have taught him something.

I have a new hobby. I am twittering. Even my View friends and my Kidd Kraddick in the Morning friends twitter. Gah. It is a way to be heard and to say the random, silly thoughts that are always passing through my mind. Maybe I missed my calling to be a comedian. Not. Twittering just fills the void of always wanting to write. I am sure no one cares what I am doing. But, it is there for my blog viewers to see. Feel free to become a follower - despite the fact that your mom always told you not to be a follower.

Animal Farm - we are just as entertaining as the movie
Apparently, we are in the pet business around here. And for those of you that know me, can I get a what, what?! Donkeys on the front porch (literally), a pup all over the house sprinkling and pooing, the continuing growth of fish in a fish aquarium, a couple of dogs sneaking in the back door when someone leaves it open, and we mustn't forget the deer. Trey loves the animals, it's just the feeding and cleaning up after them that he does not enjoy. Go figure. Here's a nice collage of these dog-gone animals. Guess which one is always "hanging" around the living room.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny how I feel like I know you so well now...all your rambling and silliness!! You are silly and you do live on a farm/zoo, but I bet you wouldn't want it any other way!!! I hope we can spend some time together this summerand of course, I'll have to bring my wild ones! Love, Kimberly

Stephanie said...

I wish you would blog Kimberly! I know we have many stories that would relate with these Davis children!

This summer...I am all over it.

Anonymous said...

BLOG??? I don't know where I would find the time! ALL I do is break up fights and home school!!! Oh...and READ blogs!!

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh!! I just posted a blog BEFORE I read this comment. You should read it ;)