Sunday, April 12, 2009

give God the glory

It has been such a fun weekend. With that fun comes exhaustion. And then there is the dread of going back to work after having a three day weekend.
*
It started with a barnyard birthday bash on Good Friday; some last minute Easter shopping on Saturday, dyeing eggs at bedtime, along with a very late night/ early morning cleaning spree; and ended today with 20 family members over to celebrate Easter with us after church (hence the cleaning spree).

I have felt so passionate this weekend about Jesus dying for us. Two things: wow and thank you. There are a few christian songs that I have found myself singing in my head (and sometimes out loud) and would rather listen to them and turn my eyes upon Jesus rather than the country tunes I normally listen to that always dredge up memories. (See the bottom of this post for one of my favorites.)
*

Here's a photo journey of our Easter weekend.

THE BARNYARD BIRTHDAY BASH: featuring the birthday cowboy and the A girls.
DYED EASTER EGG TRADITION CONTINUES: featuring the Davis kids & their own coloring cups
EASTER MORNING: featuring the Easter Bunny's surprises
"THE KIDS ALL DRESSED UP FOR EASTER" photos: featuring three kids that rarely ever all look at the camera at the same time with a smile - and the girl that loves the camera


THE HUNT: featuring Ashlyn, Clayson, Trey, Normandy and Nathan

We have made some great memories of Easter 'o9. We give God the glory for our friends, our family and for our everlasting forgiveness.

*



AN AMAZING SONG: featuring my amazing Savior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dooif2-yAoI (I could not figure out how to post the video on here, please follow the link to hear this song.)

2 comments:

Misty said...

Wonderful Post!

Your kids are so cute!

Janette's Joys said...

Wow, what a fun weekend for the Davis crew!!

I just have to say that I LOVE that pic of the little cowboy--its so him! And the pic of the A girls? Well, its so them too isn't it:)