Thursday, April 16, 2009

*Shelby*

A couple of weeks ago I was sitting in the computer lab while my tutoring students were taking a Math TAKS online. One of my former students came in. She was walking toward me with something in her hand and I assumed she was selling something. Fundraisers are top priority around here - anything to make a buck. Which we need - our school does need money to ensure the success of our students. I am not dissin' fundraisers. Lord knows I enjoy the free box of cookies as an incentive to get my students to sell. Please don't get the wrong impression. (And, how did this blog get so off track...)

*

Shelby was not coming to me with any kind of an order form, she had an invitation. She was given this invitation by her sponsor to give to an influential teacher that she had had. The invitation was inviting me to her National Honor Society induction. It meant the world to me. Five years later, this special girl thought of me. It's reasons like this that I love my job and that I love the students . Not only did I impact Shelby's life in some small way but she has truly impacted mine in a huge way.


Thank you Shelby for allowing me to be a part of this special occasion. You'll never know how much it meant to me.

3 comments:

Misty said...

That is Awesome!!!!!

Candice said...

Wow! What an honor. It's so nice to know that there are teacher who really love their job and care for their students. My hat goes off to you!

Charity said...

Congrats! Teaching can be so rewarding. :)