Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm busy, don't get me wrong.

There are many things that I love to do. Not talking about with the kids or even with the friends or family. I'm talking about things that take my mind off all of the laundry and cleaning that needs to be done - blogging, facebook, twittering. I am also talking about things that remove me from being seen - taking a bath with a good book (and a fresh swiss cake roll with a cold coke). And there are things that take my mind off of everything - the many shows that I enjoy watching. I enjoy my time. Some of you might think that I find this time frequently. And, I do. So many times I might say to someone that they need to join Facebook, they need to read my blog and/or they need to start a blog and that they ought to try reading in the bath with a good snack and a cold drink. The typical response - how do you have time to do that and/or I don't have time for that. Folks, I have three kids - two that are involved in extra-curricular activities, a two story house, an inside puppy, a full-time job and a husband and I find the time. And, believe it or not, nothing gets neglected.



My schedule goes a little something like this:

Sunday: church, rest, finish up laundry

Monday: the kids stay at the inlaws until around 8:00, I will play softball on Mondays that it is not rained out

Tuesday: there is usually a baseball game or baseball practice

Wednesday: kids go to church with Mimi, I do and put away all laundry

Thursday: gymnastics, soccer practice (when convenient) and baseball

Friday: sometimes baseball

Saturday: soccer game, clean the house, start the laundry to be continued on Sunday



* the house gets picked up on a daily basis, towels are washed as needed and the kids must take showers every night



So, it's not that I sit at the computer or spend hours in the tub - I just work it in inbetween cleaning, laundry, soccer, baseball, cooking dinner/cleaning dinner, getting school clothes ready, packing a lunch and raising three amazing children. My laptop and I are tight - we hang out in the kitchen while cooking dinner, in the bed while watching shows and sometimes in the living room but it is not allowed to go into the bathroom with me. I'm pretty sure Toshiba is allergic to water.



So, there you have it. I can be a mom, wife, teacher and friend all while finding time to do the random things that I enjoy.

5 comments:

Jana said...

You go girl! I think sometimes I just have a hard time staying focused on one thing for to long.

Unknown said...

Are you bragging? I wish you would spend a little less time on facebook and a little more time helping me pick my house up daily... I am lucky for weekly!

Stephanie said...

I failed to mention that my kids are at the age of independence. Now that Ashlyn can start her own bath water, it frees up even more time for chores or whatever.

I am blessed, not braggin' :0)

You know I am OCD about things being in their places.

Unknown said...

I think your ocd needs a break with the A group... it will be so fun!!

Anonymous said...

You were talking to me!!! My kids will be at their MiMi's ALL next week. I'll let you know if a Raney Family blog is created....but I tell you, my list of things to accomplish next week is GROWING!!! Email me sometime. Kim Raneyfamilyaz@aol.com
P.S. Have you checked on Stellan lately!!!??