Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Can you hear me now?

It's Tuesday night and I am happily perched on the couch. Ashlyn is in her room, where she has snuck in some puff cheetos, and Trey is laid up in the recliner almost asleep (until he realized this was happening). Clayson is at football practice so there are no sibling squabbles for a couple of hours.


Today was the season premier of The View so that's what I am watching as I browse the internet. But, my internet keeps flaking out on me so I find the bill and call the support guy to get some much needed technical support. (I don't even know what it is like to just sit and watch TV. I have to be multi-tasking. Whomever said that the brain cannot be thinking two things at once hasn't researched my brain as I watch TV, fix someone a bowl of cereal, and read blogs.) It is at the moment the tech guy's phone starts to ring that I realize Ashlyn has gone upstairs and is on her microphone. His voicemail comes on, I holler at Ashlyn to quit singing for a minute and then leave him a detailed message. He has not returned my phone call - I wonder why. He may think I am at a concert. My show has been paused for the last 51 minutes because it is hard to hear over Trey on the electric guitar and Ashlyn as the lead singer.



Now, everyone is in their rooms playing quietly. I guess I'll unpause The View and listen to some political debating and five women talking at once. At least I can mute them :) Cell phone is ringing ... Clayson needs to be picked up.

No comments: