Sunday, September 7, 2008

Let's get ready to rumble!

So, it is September. You would think we were well into October if you went to Wal-Mart. They have Halloween costumes, candy, fall decor and pumpkins filling their shelves. It is this time each year that I say I am going to plan ahead but somehow I still end up scrambling for costumes at the last minute. Not this year. (We'll see about that.) I did buy some mini pumpkins to sit around the house and fill my table centerpiece but decided that I want to wait until October 1st to go Fall. Otherwise, I'll be pumpkin'd out by the time the season gets here. It was a welcome sight to see Fall on it's way and when they put Christmas trees up in about a month, I'll get excited for the most wonderful time of the year. I tell you, I am so happy to have a nice house to decorate and spend time in as we approach this time of year. It is my favorite change of seasons.



Besides the cool weather, the beautiful falling leaves and the hour falling back, there are several other things that I love about this time of year.



#1 FOOTBALL SEASON
No more cleaning house on Friday nights or wondering what to do. I love to go watch Crandall football games. My first group of kiddos that I taught are seniors and a lot of them cheer and play football. It is also Clayson's football season on Saturdays. He could be really good IF they would give him the ball - I guess I am one of THOSE moms. He's the tallest on the team and has speed but has only one passing play. I hope he'll be as good of a running back as his daddy always was. Like someone said, all this stops in 7th grade (meaning that it won't just be certain kids that get to do everything - the middle school coaches will recognize talent and I hope they see he has some). Here's my little stud muffin in uniform and some highlights from the Kindergarten Pirate Posse at the game Friday night.







#2 COTTON FESTIVAL
I am a kid at heart when it comes to the Cotton Festival! I have so many great memories from going there as a kid and enjoy seeing my kids making some of the same memories (at a higher cost). Thursday, Friday and Saturdays are for the kids and their fun but Saturday night I enjoy hanging with the grown-ups and hearing the band. I asked Jared if we should get a sitter but he said he doesn't want to go at all - go figure! So, I guess the babysitting is on him :) Cotton Fest starts this week so we have something to look forward to BUT with that brings super hyper kids this week at school. I need to find some ways to integrate this fun time into our Science and Math curriculum because it will be the talk of the town all week and next Monday.



#3 PICTURES
I can't wait to get Allison over here to take some pictures of the kids and our family so that I can start working on Christmas gifts and my infamous letter. I hope she can use her amazing talent to capture a fake smile from Clayson, a goofy tooth grin from Trey and Ashlyn in all her glory.




So, Fall is approaching and so are some of the things I look forward to the most.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to take them! Just tell me when and I'm there...