Thursday, September 4, 2008

Impressive

I have to say that I was highly impressed, motivated and made proud by Vice Presidential candidate, Sarah Palin, last night. I'm not one to watch these speeches, I like to take other's opinions that I hear at the lunch table or in conversations (because I have smart friends and work with smart people) and make them my own. But, she absolutely captivated me last night at the convention. And, the interaction of her kids was quite amusing. The little sister slicking down her brother's hair was hysterical. And it goes to show that her mama has probably done the like, which makes her not so "governmentfied" and untouchable. so to speak. She is a mom who experiences the real life stress of being a working mom with five children, the mom who spends time getting medical treatment for her baby boy, a soon-to-be grandmother who will come under scrutiny as all teenage mom's whose daughters have messed up and on the other hand she feels like she can help run a country. Now, I must say, I was not a female advocate for Hilary but Sarah Palin makes me proud to be a woman, a mom and a Republican.

Go Mom and McCain!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I totally agree. Great post! We need a hero and a hottie in the house!