Wednesday, September 24, 2008

kudos

We had a faculty meeting today and I never mind the meetings. I like to be with the teachers, aides and principals all in one gathering to make sure we are all on the same page and it gives me time to doodle a little bit. (I didn't doodle today because I was in the front row.)

One of the bullets that we covered was celebrations. At each meeting every grade level and specials will share a celebration that is going on with their students. I didn't speak up even though I felt that there are some celebrations in the works. My time will come. After everyone shared, our principal shared one about ME. She said that she has been in my classroom quite a bit this week and some last week and that one student that I have (who is a runner, has some anger issues and so on) is able to overcome his anger or his frustration because of the teaching I am doing and the engagement of the students. She said that he wants to be in my class and not miss anything that is going on because of the environment that I have created. My students are actively engaged. She said that she was impressed and thankful that I am this kind of teacher. It made me want to cry. And, I am tearing up as I type this from my desk. I truly don't feel that I am doing anything out of the ordinary or above and beyond anyone's expectations - I am just doing my job. But, for her to notice and say such nice things about me just solidifies the reason that I am a teacher. I love my job, I love my students. I don't dread having to go to work. It's not so much a job to me as it is a hobby. I get paid to do something I have always wanted to do and something I love doing.

I am blessed.

Thank you Jennifer for this verse.


"Let my teaching fall like rain,
and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."
Deuteronomy 32:2

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That is so awesome! I am so proud of you. And so proud that we have teachers like you and leaders like Mrs. S that make our district special.

Allison said...

I'm so impressed, but not at all surprised. I teared up too!

Jana said...

Way to go, you really our a natural. Any parent should feel blessed to have you as their child's teacher!

Stephanie said...

Thank you all for your kind words. I needed this celebration yesterday to remind me of why I do what I do. All of as moms know the importance the role of a teacher is in every child's life.

Charity said...

What a wonderful teacher you are! It looks like you are making a wonderful impression out there in your world. Yea for teachers like you! :)