Sunday, August 31, 2008

The wheels on the bus


Ashlyn's first bus ride
Friday afternoon Ashlyn rode the bus over from the Elementary school. She seemed to enjoy the bus ride and Coach Martin, the bus driver. He told her that he was in love with her. (She was too embarassed to tell me about it.) Coach Martin was my history teacher for two years in middle school and he would take us out to fun places. I have such great memories of the fun we had with him. I think Ashlyn will enjoy her Friday afternoons on the bus.
Ashlyn is not very talkative when I get her in the afternoons (probably because I ask about a million questions). She tells me just enough so that when I talk to Jennifer, we can put our stories together and get enough scoop about the girls day.
Here are some things that I want to take note of:
* Every day when Ashlyn gets home she sheds the school uniform and hair-do and she picks out clothes and usually a headband. She misses her freedom of choice. Then, she goes into "teacher mode" with her baby dolls. She has 12 of them that she lines up for story time, they also put their hand over their heart to say the pledge and some even end up in time out. :)
* Ashlyn wants to take lemon pepper chicken in her lunch everyday - so I bake it and a piece of chicken lasts her for two lunches.
* Clayson and Trey are doing great. I really enjoy seeing them both at school.
We are enjoying our long weekend - it is a much needed break from getting up early, the hustle and bustle of our newly established daily routine and early bedtimes!

No comments: