Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hocus Focus

Another week - gone. Wow. It seems as if June has just spiraled out of control with so many intentions, so many events and so many spontaneous happenings - some I had control over and some I didn't. It's hard to believe that we have been out of school for a month. Slow down summer!!

This has been a good week. We have recuperated from the hospital stay - it made us a little lazy (Trey and I). The kids went to VBS every night with their Mimi. This is the first year I did not teach and selfishly, I enjoyed the time at home without the kids. The house stayed clean for about two and a half hours each night :). I went shopping and bought some new things for the house but as soon as I think I know how I want to decorate, I get overwhelmed and can't focus on what I need and where I need things for. I had a garage sale on Friday and made a little money to take to First Monday next weekend. Today, I stayed home and laundered the sheets and then we went to Lowes to buy all the door knobs and some lights for the new house. Then, we met my parents at Chilis. Now, I am marking things off of the house list and trying to focus on what else there is to buy and what to do.

Jared hopes that we are moving in in about 4 weeks. We are down to the tedious work: painting/staining the cabinets, countertops, trim staining and installing, painting doors, staining the concrete, upstairs flooring, paint the exterior and installing plumbing fixtures and electric fixtures. As organized as I like to be, it is driving me crazy that Jared jumps around from one thing to another. I would like to make the list and for him to follow it. Ok, so I am organized and controlling. He has done such a great job so far, I should not worry about his order of events. I just know that I am ready to pack and move.

Not much else to blog about. Hope you are all having a wonderful summer :0)

No comments: