Monday, June 23, 2008

going home

Well, after a huge scare and an emotional stay, we are fixing to be headed home from Medical City Children's Hospital. We have been here for 4 nights/ 5 days and are ready to be back at home.

Good news came that Trey's staph infection is not the most serious kind so he can take a pill 4 x day for 10 days. His little heel where the surgery was done looks great. To me, it looks like a big cigarette burn. It is healing nicely, according to the doctors. Until it is completely scabbed, he cannot be around a large group of children or get it wet. Other than that, he is a free boy.

We should be leaving here by 11:00 and I plan to go straight to the bath and the bed :0) What will I do without the beeping and constant interruptions of someone coming in?! I hope to sleep well :0) Trey, on the other hand, is more than a little spoiled...


Jared did not come back out here after he got off work at the station. He is at home painting and waiting on the cabinets to be installed. It's back to homebuilding for him.

We all appreciate your prayers so much. This healing has been a small miracle and we are grateful for that. We serve an awesome God!!

Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be glory...
Ephesians 3:20-21

4 comments:

Jana said...

I am glad that you all are at home and Trey is on the road to a full recovery.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the cabinets... maybe after the shindig in the morning? Or does my circus count as a large group of children?!?!

Donna said...

Stephanie,
I just found out about Trey at Alex's BD party. I was so shocked when I heard that he'd been in the hospital for so long! I'm so glad that he's a lot better and home now! I'm impressed with you, that you were able to take care of Trey, in the hospital, and also plan and have Ashlyn's BD party--you're one "together Mama"!

Allison said...

And not only can she do all those things, but blog about it too. Steph, you're a great mama AND multi-tasker!