Saturday, June 21, 2008

Relief and Improvements

I went home today around 12:15. I had really hoped to get to talk to the pediatrician before I left but he still had not come by. I had the baby girl's birthday party to prepare for, so I headed to the house. It was so strange going home to the emptiness that had been for two days. It's hard to explain - it wasn't like coming home from work when no one is home, just an odd feeling. I was doing things randomly; shower, laundry, prepare for party, sweep, prepare for party, get dressed and ready and so on. My mind was going so many different directions with scattered thoughts and ideas for what to do. Usually, I am very chop-chop about doing things but wasn't this afternoon. Jared called and said he was going to go to the cafeteria for lunch and when he came back he called to say that he had missed the doctor. Wouldn't you know it. All Trey knew is that he would be on one antibiotic instead of two. I told Jared to locate the nurse and try to see what the doctor had to say or better yet, find the doctor. He said he would...after he ate. Men.

After he enjoyed his lunch and talked to the dr. here is the latest:
* The culture is starting to grow. (They took a culture from the abcess, put it into an incubator and wait for it to grow. When it grows, they place different medications on it to see which it reacts to and thus they can determine what medicine Trey needs. Isn't this amazing?! I have learned so much.)
* We may get to go home tomorrow but are not to get our hopes up because it may be Monday.
* The one antibiotic that he is on can be taken orally and this is what we need for a departure. Otherwise, we will have to stay for IV antibiotic until the infection is gone. They will know more as they work with the culture.

Ashlyn's party was such a success and I have a lot of blogging to do to catch up on her special day, stay tuned :0)

When I got back from the party, Trey tells me that he can get up and around on his own by putting pressure on the ball of his hurt foot and they have taken him off the IV drip. He still has the IV inserted for the medication. This has freed him up so much. He is all over this little room. His nice nurse brought him a Nintendo and a big TV to play. He is lovin' life!

What can I say except that our prayers are being answered. I have been given such a peace and Trey has been granted healing that only an amazing God can give!!

No comments: