Saturday, June 21, 2008

patience for the patient

Just wanted to post an update on Trey. He is doing great! No fever since yesterday morning, his foot isn't running a fever either - yesterday it was real warm to the touch. The swelling has gone down and the redness is disappearing. It appears that the antibiotics are overcoming the infection, yay! He is in good spirits - but then again, laying around, watching TV and eating in bed are all three ways that Trey loves to spend his time. He said he isn't really ready to come home.

We have seen the infectious disease doctor, the surgeon, the physician's assistant but the answer as to when we will get to go home comes from the doctor that we have not seen yet, the pediatrician. I am waiting patiently to see him. As soon as he visits, I will be heading home to get ready for Ashlyn's birthday party that is at 5:00. She was heartbroken when I told her we may need to change it, so - with Trey's permission, I am going to go home, get the party done and then come back out here. Jared will stay with him, so he is in good hands.

I must end this by saying that I have the best friends, aquaintances and family that a girl could ask for. Thank you so much for your prayers, your calls, your comments, your messages and your willingness to help. I appreciate you all more than you'll ever know!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad he is doing better! And that he is able to 'enjoy' his hospital stay! Now, if you could find that same peace, all would be great! Looking forward to the party!

Charity said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your little boy. It sounds like he is getting better. I will pray for you and your family...I know how much anxiety falls on you the mom to keep it all togther. It's a hard thing to do. You will for sure be in my prayers.

Jana said...

I am glad that he is doing better! I hope that the birthday party goes well and that you get some peace.