Monday, June 16, 2008

father's day adventures

We have celebrated Father's Day two weekends in a row. Here is a rundown of the celebrations. (I got this posting set-up idea from my friend Jennifer.)



*The first weekend was at my mother and father-in-laws. We celebrated birthdays and an early Father's Day.
* Jared's cousin came in from Houston that we haven't seen in about 7 years. She brought her sweet family: husband, 3 boys and 2 dogs.
* The 6 kids enjoyed swimming while we enjoyed eating and talking.
* My camera got wet and would not come on for about 6 hours. I was in a panic. I got online and ordered a new one but mine finally came back on. I was so relieved.
* We had such a great day and enjoyed the quality time spent with family.





* This past Saturday we went to Furrs. Even at 4:00 the place was packed! We had to sit at three tables.
* At Furrs we met both sets of my grandparents, my aunt and her friend and my parents for dinner. Jason also went. We were blessed with his presence :) My dad had to work on Father's Day and Jared needed to paint. * For those of you interested, the new Furrs is not cafeteria- style anymore, it is like a Golden Corral. They give you small plates so sadly you spend more time going back and forth to fill the plate than you do getting to sit and visit. (At least I do...) * Trey was evidently choking on a piece of steak and none of us knew until he coughed it up - poor baby!! * We ate and ate and ate until we we could barely move.
* Jared claims that they make the best chess pie ever. It is delicious!!

* Sunday, we went to Martin's Mill to my aunt and uncle's house. It is always so much fun to be around everyone and let the little cousins play.
* We ate, played with the baby and I had a photo shoot with baby Nathan.
* Molly brought a triple racing slip 'n slide and the kids had a blast. It was so funny. I was tempted to run and slide in my clothes, but I thought better of it. I did not want to hurt myself :)
* Ashlyn wanted to fill up her little pool so they were back and forth between the pool and the slide.
* It was a fun, hot afternoon in east Texas.

* When we got home, my mom noticed that Ashlyn had a lump on the back of her leg. My brother said that it looked like a cyst. My mom went into panic mode, I did not want to think about - the unknown is always scary. My mom took her to a friend's house to let her look at it, I called the pediatrician's office and another friend that works at Children's hospital and between the three we came to the conclusion that it did not warrant a trip to the emergency room but it was important to closely monitor. I researched online and for once I came up with a positive diagnosis - Baker's cyst. It is a common occurence in active children that will go away on its own and no treatment would be necessary. This was confirmed at the drs. office today, such a relief!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Quick on the draw with the camera?!?! It is a necessity of life when your kids are as cute as yours are! I am so glad it worked out so perfectly for the dr to look at Ashlyn yesterday. It just gives you (and me) a little more peace of mind!