Thursday, July 3, 2008

This & That

It's been a busy week. What's new, huh?!

Sunday: We worked all day on the cabinets and started getting them painted. They are looking great. It is so wonderful to have such a resourceful husband that can save us money because he can do so many things that we would have to pay someone to do otherwise. He is also very dedicated to getting the house finished. (I had to change his order of events but turns out he is okay with the changes. You never know. ) Our goal is to be in at the end of July. Pray for us as we continue to make decisions and compromise :) My dad has gotten in on the action, he loves to paint. He came prepared with a watermelon in the ice chest that we all enjoyed.


Monday: The kids went to their Nana and Pop's. I had to go to Home Depot to get red and brown paint. I took a little detour and met up with Jennifer and Allison and their sweet circus animals, I mean kids, at Chilis. Ava and Ross (mainly Ava) only caused us a few dirty looks. Hard to imagine such a sweet girl getting loud enough to attract attention. The couple in the booth behind us will probably request alternate seating next time they are led to a booth behind 3 moms and 4 kids...imagine if mine had been there! Came home and worked hard in the house. I like to be needed every now and then.


Tuesday: My crew, Jennifer and Anna, Allison and her A girls, Cindy and Corbin met us at the pool for a farewell to the vacationing Andrew girls. They were leaving to go to Puerto Rico for three weeks so we had to have quality time with them before they left. As usual, it was not uneventful. Ava fell into the pond (a manmade, shallow pond) and all we could see was her head in the lillies. Don't think we weren't watching or paying attention though. She walked right into it. Allison and Ava were a little frazzled but she was made clean in the pool :0) Ashlyn finally got up the nerve to take off her lifejacket and swam all over the hot tub. It won't be long before she is a fish without the life saving support. It was a fun afternoon and we always enjoy seeing our kids play and the time we get to visit and realize that in every situation, we are not alone. Whether it is a been there-done that or what would you do ... between us, we can always share a solution or make one up!

Wednesday: Ashlyn was a little under the weather so we stuck around the house. I was needing a break from the excitement. We got news that Allison had made it to their destination safe and sound ... benadryl and kids are a peaceful mix when needed.

Today: I got up early, picked up Zan and then Angela and it was off to First Monday. Some said there may not be many vendors but there was plenty for me. I got some great stuff for the house (let's just hope it is rustic enough). I went sign crazy! I love the sayings on signs. Zan is really good at coming up with ideas and helping pick out things. She will have to come around when it is time for decorating. I just don't have the eye for pulling things all together. If random is in then I will be in good shape. I am thinking primitive/antique/rustic. Let's just hope it doesn't become clutter.


Tomorrow: 4th of July. Ashlyn loves to dress up in red, white & blue. She remembers where we were last year and what she wore. We'll be celebrating at my mom and dad's. Jared works. Have a good holiday and a long weekend.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I KNOW there is a cuter picture from the pool!!! I am glad you documented that for once Ross wasn't the biggest troublemaker... It is a first for his short life!
It was a fun week... looking forward to more!

Unknown said...

I did notice the resourceful comment, but was too overwhelmed by your need to change the picture to remember to comment about it!

Unknown said...

It's about time for a new post!!!