Sunday, June 1, 2008

Down & Dirty

The kids kicked off their summer with a little water and a lot of dirt! I had just come home from my last day at work and decided to lay down on the couch and watch TV while the kids were outside with Jared. Next thing I know, Ashlyn is coming in the house asking me if they can take a mud bath. I catch a glimpse of her and notice that her legs are covered in mud. I got up and followed her to the "mud pit". All three kids had created a swimming hole, if you will. They were quite a sight! But, how could I get mad? They were laughing, playing together and having a fabulous time. So, I went back inside to get the camera - this was definitely a photo opportunity. Here is what was going on...



All Jared and I could do was watch in amazement as they had fun doing this. The dirtier they got, the more they enjoyed it. The stucco guys were keeping one eye on their job and another on these rugrats we call our children. As hot as it was, this probably looked refreshing to them. We let them bask in the mud for a bit and then it was time to call it quits. They do clean up nicely :)


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Anna is so jealous! I think she is hoping the 'mud pit' doesn't dry up too fast!

Stephanie said...

Tell her it is easily created for kids and by kids!

Unknown said...

so, are we on for tomorrow? call me when you wake up... I know I will be up by then:)