Thursday, May 29, 2008

deep breath

The happy emotion hit me! I am so relieved that I am free for (almost) three months. It is bittersweet saying goodbye to the kids - they can wear you down but you build a relationship with them and spend so much time with them that they grow on you and it is sad to see them go. But then, they joy sinks in and takes over the sadness as I realize that I can sleep late and if I don't want to fix my hair or put on make-up, I don't have to. And, living in a small town means you will see the kids at church or around town. All is not lost.



My main goal every summer is to get a good tan. I can't wait to get started. My in-laws have a pool and we will be visiting often. Cindy and I decided last night that we want to set aside Wednesdays to get together with friends and family and let the kids play while we enjoy some grown up conversation. I look forward to that. Get out your calendars and pencil me in for every week :)

One more day at work and I am completely set free (except for 5 days in June). I may not feel the childlike excitement but I am pumped, to say the least!!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sign me up for this Wednesday! Let's do something really fun to kick off the summer right!