Thursday, May 8, 2008

Negativity Breeds Negativity

I heard this catch phrase at our mom-to-mom Bible study group. I have thought about it all day. Which makes me sorry for posting the previous blog. It's easy to get down and out when someone else is occupying your mind with their problems and complaints. I have been in quite the funk, until today. I was smiling and laughing with my students, that's when I know that my stress level is on the decline! We are down to 14 days of school, I can't believe that it is almost over. We are writing checks, paying bills and balancing registers in Math. The kids are so amazing while doing this. They are saying things like no wonder my parents get so stressed out while they are paying bills and they are worried about running out of money. I just laugh and love those little light bulbs going off. This is the time of year that we teachers can teach what we want and make it fun without the test pressure. That's a big part of my reason for feeling relief. In Health we are studying self esteem, friendships and feelings. It's a good refresher for my own personal well-being and I was able to incorporate this catch phrase with the kids today. 5th grade is such a hard year for kiddos trying to grow up and then again wanting to be kids. I keep this in mind as I love them and teach them.

We have a few plans for the summer. Our house will be finished in July. The kids and I are going to Durango with my mom, grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousins at the end of July. I'm almost tempted to send the kids and stay home but I think about all the fun I would be missing with them and I cherish every minute I spend with my grandparents. I hope to get to go to Cozumel with Jared. That is something we always look forward to and we enjoy our time together being footloose and fancy free. Those plans are temporarily put on hold as we build the house of our dreams. Beggars can't be choosers, right?!

So, I am better. Thank you to those who have had to hear me moan and groan, gritch and gripe! Things are good in every aspect of my life. I love my husband, I love my kids, I love my students, I love my friends, I love my family, I love Jesus!

No comments: