Monday, May 26, 2008

The graduate

It's time to catch up on some noteworthy happenings with the Davis family. There is never a dull moment, which is why I can't blog as often as I would like. Summer vacation is just four days away and I will be set free from the job I get paid for and homebound with the the 24/7 job that isn't a monetary payment but I receive joy from it (most of the time). I look forward to summer 2008!


ASHLYN'S GRADUATION

Ashlyn graduated from the Lil' Lighthouse preschool on Thursday, May 22nd. She had been so excited about this and knew all of the songs that they were going to sing, how to walk down the aisle to receive her diploma and how to act on stage. She shared tidbits of each of these but a lot of times she did not want to tell me much about school. She would get tired of my questions and would never expand on anything unless she brought it up. I learned more from my friend, Allison, because her daughter would tell her things. Ashlyn started this preschool the summer that she was three years old and really enjoyed the summer program. I decided to move her from our church's Friendship School because it seemed to be digressing in the number of kids and there was no curriculum, so to speak. Ashlyn has always had a big desire to learn and does not forget anything that she is taught. So, I felt that moving her to this 9:00-2:00, two day a week preschool would truly benefit her. My good friend Cindy also had so many good things to say about it so we went with a good reference. I'll never forget my Mamaw, who keeps Ashlyn for me, saying that if she cried - I would have to find someone else to take her. She would not be able to stand it. Ashlyn, with the outgoing personality that she has, never cried and always looked forward to going to school. (That is a blessing since I cried a lot when I was dropped off at school.) Cindy took her and picked her up for us. I thank her for that.

Graduation from preschool means several things: Ashlyn is out of school for the summer, it would be the last time that her and Anna would go to school with their friend Alex, and the reality that she really is big enough to go to "big" school. It would have been very sad if she had not kept my family and I laughing throughout the program. She would make faces while singing, she took her bow that is supposed to be tied in the back of her dress and tied it in the front (while performing) and she would kind of sway back and forth with a silly grin. Seeing her in her cap and gown produced a lump in my throat but she quickly changed that to a smile, too. She smiled big when she received her diploma and turned for the picture, she took the diploma and put it to her mouth - the boys both used it as a telescope - and she sat making more silly faces. She always makes us smile with her adorable personality. I hope that when she goes to "big" school her teacher will enjoy this about her and will continue to challenge her, as Mrs. Rebecca has so willingly done. Mrs. Rebecca has some pretty big shoes to fill.

Here are our A girls. We hope that because of the friendship we as moms have, these girls will always be friends, too.



This is Ashlyn and Corbin. These two have a brother/sister kind of friendship because they are together so often!




stay tuned for more Davis happenings to come....

1 comment:

babyboybleu said...

She is such a doll...definitely a gift from above!