Monday, May 19, 2008

From the mouth of Ashlyn Brooke (and Mrs. Rebecca)


Last night Ashlyn was telling me that in class the other day one girl told another girl that they had an ugly shirt. (man does this start early) Ashlyn said that this girl had the devil on her tongue. But she assured me that she has Jesus on her tongue. It makes me think twice about what I say and who I want to be on my tongue!

Today, I was asking Ashlyn where the devil lives. She said, "is it in the black heart or in the red heart? Oh yeah, it is in the BLACK heart."

Her preschool teacher, Mrs. Rebecca, is an amazing woman who teaches our little girls Biblical standards and education way beyond their four and five years. I appreciate her so much and all that she has done in the life of my baby girl.

As Ashlyn was swimming yesterday she said that Jesus was not the only one that could walk on water. She put her flip-flops on and tried to walk on water - we all know how that went, wasn't happening for her. I told her that I guess Jesus was the only one who could walk on water!

She loves to sing and put on a show for anyone who will listen. We enjoy her so much and she brings light into our lives and Jesus to our tongues!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so sweet!!

I hope it wasn't my A with the devil on her tongue... but if it is, you have to tell me!

I am looking forward to their program. I really think it is going to be sweet!

babyboybleu said...

That cracks me up! She is so funny. Got to love her teacher, that really is something a little one can understand as we have witnessed;-)