Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'll settle for a slow down

Tomorrow is the last day of school. Can I believe it? No, the year has gone so fast. There were days that never seem to end but when looking at the big picture, the year has passed so quickly. I just wish I had the feelings that I had as a child - the excitement, the anxiousness, always looking forward to something. The older I get, the less happy emotions I seem to have. I am excited and more than ready but I have nothing to show for it. Does this make any sense at all? I just want to bounce off the walls and be giddy. I am not taking any medicine any more, so I can't blame it on that. Where has my happiness gone? Maybe if I put things in perspective - after you have something in your life that is an amazing experience, like having kids, you become a grown up and know that summer time means being home with the kids, being responsible and feeding them three times a day, lots and lots of housework and laundry that does not have a good reason for being put off and the stress of daily life - instead of 6 hours of it there will be 12 hours of it. Gosh, this blog is not going as planned. Let me back up and say that I look forward to summer, I just want my heart and my mind to show this excitement but I guess they have matured. Just one more part of getting older, I guess.

Let's plan to go to the water park next week before the big schools get out. I need some Vitamin D.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

whoa - Debbie Downer! I am just not letting the practical part of summer into my brain. So I am beyond excited! Now, speaking of water parks - Anna is convinced Ashlyn's party will be at Hurricane Harbor. Is this true?

Stephanie said...

Sorry, I don't mean to be a downer. I just think way too much!No, her party is at D'Uan's