Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Workin' 9 to 5

Today Jared said something to me that shocked the pants off me (not literally by any means). He told me that I needed to get a job this summer and make $1,000 if I wanted to go to Mexico. Shocked one - because I did not know he had even been thinking of a way to go and shocked two - because I have never even considered getting a part time job! I am glad that he is thinking about this trip that I want so badly but darn, I don't want to have to work for it!! George W. issued a nice tax rebate for us, that ought to cover it. But then again, there is the house going up - and quickly I might add. See, Jared thinks rationally and I am a spontaneous decision maker. He thinks about how much we could do in and on the house with the rebate and I am thinking vacation.

I considered his suggestion for about thirty minutes. I thought about teaching summer school for a couple of weeks. It is good money but ..... Well, no reason that I list here will make any sense because it is good money for three hours a day. I may suggest being a sub but the four week commitment scares me. There is no other job that I could take and have child care that would provide any income. I don't want to work this summer!! That's the three perks of being a teacher - June, July & August, right? Some might think.

Jared may look into some other side jobs since no one is needing a fence right now. It has freed him up to really manage the house construction and that has been a good thing but he is looking for work. Within our occupations there is just little opportunity for extra income. Jared depends on side work and tutoring is over at school. I'll keep thinking. Feel free to offer any suggestions :0)

It truly makes me sad that we may not get to go on this trip this year. If you have never been to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico, oh my goodness - it is the greatest trip ever. We have so much fun, eat a ton and get dark in the sun! Here's to Cozumel....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am pretty sure we can create the all inclusive mexico feeling at Diane's with your fam, allison's fam and my circus! Much more fun than getting another job!

Tiffany said...

I hear ya sister...I LOVE Mexico...it is beautiful...AND I don't want to work this summer either!!
I hope some money just "falls" into your hands so you can make your trip happen!!

Off topic...but does your hubby pour concrete?? We want to add onto our patio!!