Monday, May 26, 2008

Things to note:

If you have not already, see the blog below about Ashlyn's graduation. I hate to do two in one day, afraid one will be missed. Also, if you read the blogs, leave a comment - you can do this without an account. I am not feeling the love or getting the attention that my friends Jennifer and Allison get and I am a little jealous :0)

* Friday afternoon we learned that we would not have Mr. Dennis Eastep as our principal next year. He will be at the 2nd grade campus. Ginger Sikes will be coming from the elementary to serve as our principal. This is all in preparation for the new movement of K-5 schools beginning the 2009 school year. It leaves many unanswered questions but I know that the decision-makers must see a reason for the change. It's hard for anyone to accept unpredictable changes, such as this one. I will stay true to my job and support Mrs. Sikes as she comes on board.

* We have three days of school left and a teacher work day. Woohoo! I am ready for summer but if days are like the one that we had this morning, it will not be an easy ride. The boys fight all the time - over the dumbest things. They start in on each other the minute they get up. Clayson is the instigator and Trey has learned to defend himself. Geesh. I am the punisher. Today they thought I was calling daycare to find out how much it would cost to send them. I had them scared. What they don't realize is that I may resort to the drop-in availability some days, just to prove a point. I cannot be stressed out over their behavior everyday. Otherwise, the job that Jared suggests I get to go to Mexico may become more and more appealing. Ashlyn woke up at 10:00 and asked if it was morning, I told her no so she went back to sleep until 11:30. Her and Trey are my sleepers. Clayson is the early bird. I like to sleep in and stay up late most summer nights.

* Friday night we bought most all of our electric fixtures. That was fun. We have also been choosing paint colors this weekend and Jared will go buy the paint tomorrow so that we can start priming and painting. Our house is moving so fast. They should be done with the stone and stucco on Friday. We have painting, cabinets & trim, plumbing finals, electric trim, staining the concrete & upstairs flooring and that's about it. We should be moving in in July. I will take packing and moving at the hottest part of the year to get out of this love shack. I'm even fine with Jared wanting to decorate rustic and have an antler chandelier hanging in my entry. Whatever it takes...

Here's to a great summer - with so much to look forward to!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Can't wait for the summer, either. And I'm excited about seeing your finished house! It's so awesome!!!