Saturday, May 2, 2009

signed, sealed, delivered

Yesterday was turmoltuous.

Definitions appropriate for the campus assignments handed out:
2. Conducted with disorder; noisy; confused; boisterous; disorderly; as, a tumultuous assembly or meeting.
3. Agitated, as with conflicting passions; disturbed



Yesterday, we had to wait until 3:15 to go to the principal's office to get our envelope. In this envelope we got a letter stating where we would be teaching in the fall. Some background: Crandall is splitting into three elementary schools. It's still beyond my wildest comprehension that we are a district big enough to need a split, especially three ways. But, I guess having 27 kids in my crowded classroom for three years is proof enough.

Refer to definition 2:
There was an order to this process. Our principal sat at a round table in her office handing out the individual envelopes and right beside her was a huge basket of chocolate candy. We walked in one door and out another where we gathered to open the envelopes with friends or whomever we were standing in line with. There was some noise from those that were excited but for the most part, there was confusion. My amazing partner/ good friend and I did not have the same school listed on our letters. We became partners (and friends) this year - after a big blow last year to split some of us up. Now, it has happened again. And, another great friend of mine is also going to be teaching P.E. somewhere else. So many mixed emotions.

Even though I am very excited to be at the campus I have been placed and thrilled to have friends going there with me, I am sad that they are not getting to come along. It's hard to be happy when they are so sad.


Refer to definition 3:
I also have conflicting emotions for other various reasons. I am very happy to be able to be in the same building with Ashlyn and Trey and there are some amazing teachers that they have the likelihood of getting next year. On the other hand, most of their friends will be at a different campus. This makes me sad. Thank goodness they are both personal and confident enough to make new friends.

Crandall Intermediate School is the only school I have ever known and it's going to be hard to pack up and move away from friends that I love, a building that I know so well and the classroom that I have created.

My new home will be the school that we have always called the "castle up on the hill" and I will be leaving "harmony Intermediate". Guess I'd better pull out my glass slippers and my princess wand and know that God is in control- always has and always will be. That's the best reassurance I've had all weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait til I can write a blog about somewhat looking forward to next year. I'm still searching for it. I know God's in control... I just can't understand His decision yet. Thank you for making this year amazing!!! I will miss you. See you at girl's nights. :)

Misty said...

Good Luck! I know that must be tough.