Thursday, May 21, 2009

motivational numbers

6 more days of school with kids. 7 more days to get up early and get to work. Crammed into these last 6 days there is field day, family picnics and awards (all x 3 kids) - plus a 5th grade talent show to plan and produce.

I will survive. I think.

Between baseball, bunco, frequent trips to Wal-Mart, my new photography passion, packing up a classroom to be moved, field day and family picnics - it has been a tiring week. I'm losing sleep because I am staying up late - so much for the 8:30 bedtime. During the night the donkeys come on the front porch scratching their back on the stone or the dogs are on the attack of armadillos or skunks What's a mom got to do to get some uninterrupted sleep?!

There are numbers that are keeping me motivated during this restless time of year - despite the dark circles under eyes and grumpy attitude. A 3 day weekend starting tomorrow. I am out of the classroom 3 half days next week (awards, field day, meeting). 22 days until a trip to Cozumel with 2 other couples. Only 6 more lunches to pack and 4 days of dress code clothes.

Yes, I will survive. I'm certain.

No comments: