Saturday, May 30, 2009

someday, they'll bring home the bacon

Whatta full week! It was Memorial Day; Ashlyn's field day; Clayson, Trey and Ashlyn all had award ceremonies, Clayson played two baseball games, graduation (my first class to ever teach graduated -I love them), gymnastics and I took pictures this morning. The only thing missing was water aerobics. Cozumel is now only 13 days away and I have skin to be darkened and weight to be lost. Thank goodness things are fixing to ease up. I could settle for a slow down and some pool time.

Back to the subject...

My kids make me so proud and they are so cute. (It's every mom's point of view on their children).


Trey has sailed through the third grade with messy handwriting, careless mistakes and being the first one finished too many times. His teacher and I have stayed on his case because we know he is smart enough to do things right and it paid off. He passed his Math and Reading TAKS. This is a big change for third graders as they come out of centers and into testing. At the awards ceremony Trey got a Reading award, P.E. award and A/B honor roll award.


Clayson has finished his last year of being a student that gets to enjoy recess and class parties. He'll be in middle school next year but we are not going to talk about that right now. I have enjoyed him being in 5th grade, down the hall from me. He has taught me that boys have just as many friendship issues/ drama as girls. He has done so well with his grades. Clayson got awards for commended on the Math TAKS, commended on the Science TAKS, safety patrol, Art, Science and A/B honor roll.


Ashlyn has loved every minute of Kindergarten. Her amazing teacher has challenged her and taken her to levels we only dreamed of. She is reading chapter books and taking accelerated reader tests. She loves to read, write and draw. She has had so much fun and has such a passion for learning. Ashlyn got an award for Reading fluency, P.E. 15 minute jog and citizenship.


There are so many reasons that my children make me proud. As a teacher, their education means everything to me and they have proven to take it seriously. I am thankful that learning comes natural. Clayson, Trey and Ashlyn have started a path that will shape their future as they progress through grade levels and through life. I pray that one day their path will lead them to be all that they hope to be.

No comments: