Monday, May 25, 2009

weekend wrap-up



This long weekend has been filled with friends, family, food and fun. And lots and lots of rest.

Friday night we did not have anything to do and it was so nice. I was beat down, dog tired after field day and working all day on packing up my classroom. I must send a shout out to my students for being so good and so much help on these days that we have "free time" and I am able to pack boxes with their help. In eight years of teaching, I have acquired a whole lot of stuff.
Saturday, we still did not have anything on the agenda so I cleaned, worked on pictures and made a lunch/ dinner run to Taco Bueno in Balch Springs. It's the only place I feel comfortable driving around with dirty hair and no make-up.

Sunday was busy. We went to church, took Nathan's pictures, and then went over to some family friends, the Kovar's, for an annual Memorial Day cookout. This was the first year in a long time that we didn't sweat or swim. We did enjoy burgers on the grill and ice cold watermelon. It's my daughter's favorite... naturally. The kids ran around the yard while the grown-ups sat around talking, eating and laughing and wondering if it was going to rain.

Today I made a Wal-Mart run, begrudgingly. But, when you gotta go - you gotta go. I took the kids swimming for about an hour and then we went to my mom and dad's for another cookout. We were gathering for mom and Megan's birthdays. My dad cooked ribs to-die-for. We ate a good dinner and then enjoyed some more watermelon and homemade ice cream, my favorite. My dad made a pickle smoothie - tear it up!! Someone started a big water balloon fight and we ran around the yard trying to catch Jason, the main target. He cheated by just filling up cups of water. He still has not learned to play by the rules.


I am sad to see the long weekend ending but then again, the sooner we get this show on the road - the sooner we get summertime '09 under way. Can't wait!!!

No comments: