Tuesday, March 24, 2009

today's grace

The newest Internet fad is to list five positive things from the day. It's called Grace in Small Things...read more about it here.

I have been searching the blog world and there are so many tragedies and children with life-threatening illnesses (whose parents, by the way, have such amazing faith). And, of course, there is the ever-depressing news and President Obama is currently speaking on the economy as I type this. Some days I believe this is just the beginning of the end. And, it is so important to know where we will be in the end should Jesus come and rescue us from this nation in distress. When in doubt, don't ever doubt the One that can save you. Be sure you have accepted His gift of eternal life.

Here is my list of Grace in Small Things.

1.) I have three healthy children.
2.) Jared and I are secure in our jobs. We aren't faced with layoffs or the threat thereof.
3.) We are going to Mexico this summer with some other couples. Yay for this.
4.) The weather is so great. The rain is needed and the sunshine is still there to save the day.
5.) On a lighter note, Ashlyn has almost perfected her cartwheel :0)

Every day I tell myself how blessed I am. It's so easy to take things for granted. In the words of one of my favorite Sunday School teachers - we have a choice in ALL things - we can get bitter or we can get better.

Have a great week.

No comments: