Sunday, March 15, 2009

they make me laugh

SBo9: Day three

I have had so much fun today. I have been surrounded by people that I love.

We started the day with Sunday School and "big" church. There's just something about songs that we sing in church that really put a pep in your step. One of my favorite contemporary songs is "How Great Is Our God" and we sang that this morning. I love how it reminds me that we serve a great God who is willing to forgive us, to carry us and to pick us up when we are down. I want and need to be loved like that. (Please look up this song on youtube for a humbling yet awesome few minutes of worship.)

Jason and Megan came to church with us and we went from there to the town favorite, El Jacalito, for lunch. The kids were all on their best behavior except for blowing straw wrappers and using multiple straws in their drinks. Most of you know how Clayson adores his daddy but when Jared got up to head home to finish packing, Clayson stayed with me. It has something to do with Megan...I'm just sayin'.


After lunch we got home and helped Jared load up for his two weeks of taxidermy school. He'll be gone until Friday, back until Sunday and then gone again the next week. Please forgive me in advance for any blogs of frustration or impatience you may see in the next couple of weeks.

The kids were so good all afternoon. In fact, the boys went upstairs and cleaned everything - they organized video and TV stuff, straightened the computer and all those games, cleaned the bathroom (even the toilet), made their beds and vacuumed. I walked up there without stepping on anything and was so proud.

Clayson, Trey and Ashlyn have all gone to stay at their Nana and Pop's for the night because they are getting up early to go to Glen Rose in the morning for birthday celebrations. So, instead of staying at home alone, I went to the Crandall Cotton Gin with a couple of friends for a country music concert and then on to Rhonda's house for an hour of fun. I thought about putting out a disclaimer for our silly pictures that you see but there is no need.It's just how we are. We love to laugh and to catch this goofiness on camera. Laughter is the best medicine, right?!


So, here are some pictures from today. (note: The boys do not want any part of being in pictures but this doesn't mean I don't love them.)






Life is what you make it. I choose to make it fun.

No comments: