Sunday, March 22, 2009

sometimes beauty requires sunglasses

I am not going to even mention SB'09 because we all know that it is over and we are not looking forward to going back to school tomorrow. Enough said.


I had a funny thought this morning when this is what woke me up. It's not just today, it has been every day since we moved into this house. Except for the rainy days, of course. Jared insists that we not have any window coverings so that we can get the full effect of living in the country through our paneless windows. In that case, let the sun shine in.

My thoughts this morning went straight to the one hit wonder, "I Wear My Sunglasses at Night". Haha. If I wore my sunglasses to bed, maybe this would not be so bright in my eyes, waking me up early. Once it wakes me up I am reminded of God's beauty and then I stack pillows or bunch the comforter up high enough to block it from blinding me.

God's beauty is not limited, at the Davis Ranch, to the morning sun. We have also been blessed with rain that has filled the pond and helped the grass to grow. The grass isn't greener on the other side, folks. We have the greenest grass in town. This is from my front porch looking out. I love being able to look out and see the boys fishing, the dogs playing and the donkeys hee-hawing.
And speaking of beauty, here is Ashlyn with her natural beauty - a head full of curls.



You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Love all the pics!

Stephanie said...

Thanks. Especially coming from you :) The "pro"tographer!

Misty said...

WOW!!! What a beautiful place you have!!!!

Janette's Joys said...

Love that post:)