Monday, March 16, 2009

apparently, it runs in the family

SBo9: Day three (you see, we kicked off Spring Break early Friday afternoon and have been having fun ever since)

I had forgotten what it was like to be alone. I mean all alone, all day. The kids spent the night at their Nana and Pop's last night and with Jared gone, there was nobody coming home. I have to admit that I needed a day like today to just chill. I slept in again (I could get used to this), messed around on Facebook, Myspace, Ebay, Gap, Old Navy and can proudly say I did not spend a dime on any of the retail websites. There are a lot of cute new spring clothes but I need to get my children's approval first. They have all become "picky" individuals. It has to be the right color, the right style and have the right amount of the cool factor.

Besides hanging out with my laptop I managed to do laundry, straighten the house and more importantly get Ashlyn's rooms back in order. She plays so hard and makes messes but I can never clean with her here because she has a "place" for everything and we don't always agree. She also gets real mad because I throw things away - the child is a craft queen and we just don't need to keep it all. She catches me most of the time. I have learned to bury things deep in the trash. Speaking of trash, when I pulled Ashlyn's bed out to sweep beside it, this is what I found in the corner.



I am not the only closet eater in the family. Hershey kiss and andes mint wrappers beside her bed and a puff cheeto in her bed. She must sneak out of bed and into the kitchen. I can't imagine where she gets that sneakiness from...

The kids had a great day in Glen Rose. They spent the day with Pop's family celebrating his birthday. Jared had a good first day of school. I had a good day eating a lunch for one and gearing up for the rest of the week that may be fast and furious. There is something on the calendar for every day.

The house is clean, the laundry done, the candy has been hidden and the sun came out to welcome spring. All is well.

No comments: