Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mission(s) accomplished.

Here it is Saturday, meaning that things return to normal in full force in just two days. There are many things that must return to normalcy tomorrow to get the week started off on the right foot. Kids must take showers and get into bed at their "it's a school night" bedtimes. (This ranges from 8:30-9:30, depending on my tolerance level.) And, I will need to get back on my schedule making sure that the lunch is packed, clothes are set out and everything else is ready to go on Monday morning. Come on summer!

Last Saturday I posted my SB'09 goals and this is what they were.
1.) Catch up on DVR shows - The Young and the Restless, The View, Ellen, Regis and Kelly. I am almost caught up and have enjoyed many late nights and afternoons laying around watching them. If you would give the Ellen show a chance, you would love it. She is so funny.
2.) Take my kids to do something fun (I don't think their dentist appointments on Tuesday will qualify as this).
They have big plans one night with their Nana and Pop and plans another night with their Mimi and Pawpaw, it's gonna be hard to top. They went to Glen Rose on Monday, dentist and harbor on Tuesday, boys went shopping with Mimi on Wednesday, spent the night over there and on Thursday the boys fished with Pawpaw and it was Ashlyn's day to shop with Mimi, we went to Dallas on Friday (see below for the recap) and today we had Ashlyn's soccer game and went to eat on Lake Ray Hubbard for lunch. I think they have had an eventful week.
3.) Spend some quality time with my friends (both groups). Unfortunately, time with my group A friends just didn't happen. We all had different things going on and could not coordinate a day for us all to get together. I'm hoping we can hang out at gymnastics on Monday night. On the other hand, I did get to spend a lot of time with my group B friends. We hung out here at the house, went to to Cotton Gin and then to Rhonda's and we took an overnight road trip to Shreveport.
4.) Sleep in. No alarm setting, except for Sunday. This was greatness. I loved not having to be on an early schedule and hope my alarm still works. Will find out tomorrow.
5.) Don't sweat the small stuff - it's okay if the house doesn't stay clean and there is laundry to be done. And, if I want to stay in my pajamas all day, who cares. There may have been one day that I stayed in the pajama pants and t-shirt. Because of my OCD, the house did stay clean. I just can't go off and leave a dirty house. It bugs me. But, I did not stress over it. Laundry wasn't an issue.

I was able to accomplish all of my goals and have had such a great week. Here are the hilights from days 7 & 8.


SBO9: Day 7

Lunch at El Fenix.
Free trolley ride around downtown Dallas (uptown area).
Daddy's home!

Yesterday, I had planned to take the kids to do something that they wanted to do. Clayson decided to clean out his closet and the rest of them followed suit. We spent an hour packing up old clothes to take to our favorite resale shop. This means that soon we will shop for new summer clothes. These kids have all gotten taller and their shorts have gotten shorter. Time to move up a size. After we got all of this done and things picked up we headed to Mesquite to drop off the clothes and enjoy lunch at El Fenix. Ashlyn decided (as of today) that she did not like El Fenix anymore and she wanted an Arby's. Roast beef and chicken are the only two types of meat that she will eat, so I cannot deny her this protein. We ate and while there - thanks to facebook friends and my iPhone email alerts - we decided to head downtown to ride the trolley. (Ashlyn called it the charlie. ) It was fun and something different. Then, since we were so close, we headed to George W. Bush's house to see if we could get a sneak peak of him or Laura. We were able to drive right up to his house and could see the secret service through the window of their house next door. There was a lot of construction going on and the tree guy told me that if they were home we would not have been able to even get down the street. Darn!!

From here, we headed home to see daddy. He was home from his week long stay at taxidermy school and the kids were anxious to see him. We decided to stay home for a home-cooked dinner and to catch up on the week. We also needed to catch up on American Idol.


SBo9: Day 8
Sassy Sidekicks soccer game
lunch on the lake
home to piddle around the house

It was pancakes for breakfast and a whirlwind of getting ready to get to the soccer game. The Sassy Sidekicks are now 2 and o. They are doing great and having fun!

From the game we headed to Rockwall to have lunch out on the patio of Texas Land and Cattle. The best part of that was that kids eat free on Saturdays from 11-4. Shout ot to TL&C for that savings. We enjoyed lunch, the lake, still want a boat and the boys made plans to fish in the pond when we got home. Clayson wanted to provide dinner for us straight out of our front yard. No, thank you.


Back at home I have cleaned, started laundry and reflected on the week while the kids have enjoyed the great outdoors.

It has been a wonderful spring break. As they say, all good things must end.

No comments: