Saturday, February 7, 2009

something's infected

Illness is running rampant at CISD. I had five to seven kids out every day last week and it seems that most of them started with the headache and then their immune system went downhill from there with fevers, coughing, sore throats and the generalistic - they just did not feel good. I must have one heck of an immune system because in all my years of teaching, I don't catch what is going around and thankfully, neither do my kids. I always say I am too mean to get sick. I have one heck of a set of white blood cells.

Trey was sick a lot as a baby with RSV and asthma and he would have flare ups until he was five but since then he has been as healthy as a horse (who knew horses were so healthy) with an innocent heart murmur. Clayson is like me, we just don't get sick. Jared has sinus issues and believe me when he is sick, we all know about it and he cannot function (but that could be a whole nother blog men vs. women - not going there on here, just on the phone with friends). Ashlyn tends to get the common cold but nothing that wipes her out or keeps her down for long. This past week she has been running random fevers but does not really act "sick". She's a little less perky but she is still entertaining, playing, crafting and changing outfits often enough to rule out the flu. Nothing hurts but she is coughing. With the fever I know something is going on, I just hope the tylenol cold and motrin help her kick the infection this weekend. We are laying low and staying away from other kids - that's just common sense. Some parents have it, some parents don't.

Today was truly satisfying. We went to basketball and were finished with that by 11:30 and then I had the rest of the day to contemplate what I wanted to get done and when to do it. I loved not having to revolve the day around anything. I have a feeling that tomorrow will be more of the same. With Ashlyn feverish we will stay home from church and since Clayson is at his Mimi's, I won't be yelling at 7:30 for him to stay in his room until at least 8:30. We might get to sleep in and sleep is good medicine. I need a dose of rest, that's for sure.

No comments: