Thursday, February 26, 2009

don't worry Little Debbie, I'll be back

It's been awhile! I haven't had anything blogworthy, exciting, relevant or even stimulating enough to get me going with a new post. I can't say that today holds much promise but I'll give it my all.


Tidbits of information:

* All kids are healthy and happy. Thank goodness for that. Something in the antibiotics must have altered Ashlyn's personality a bit - she used to only argue and fuss at Clayson but now, Trey is her victim. Those two go at it over everything. I swear I am going to put the third seat up in my SUV and have one in the "way back", one in the middle and one in the front. Right after school.

* My friend Jennifer and I have been delegated to coach our A girls' soccer team. This ought to be fun. At least they are little enough to think we know what we are doing and what we are talking about. We'll start practicing next week and have our first game on March 7th, hoping we aren't playing against an amateur team of five year olds from Terrell. The exciting part is coming up with the team name - Sassy Sidekicks - and the jersey and sock colors and more importantly the cute ribbon for hairbows.

* I have decided to start working out, not even that - just exercising. I don't know what came over me but I have got to go with it for as long as it lasts. It may be that Jared has bought the P90X program and wants me to do that with him and the fact that he wants to eat healthy and not eat junk. I can't go to all that extreme but I can walk, do bleachers, not drink as many cokes and maybe not have the swiss cake rolls nightly. It's only been two days - which is pretty close to setting the record for my commital. No amount of exercise and eating right will take the place of my bathing suit cover up though. No matter what.

* I have been depriving Facebook, Myspace, my DVR recordings and my iPhone all because of reading Twilight. I started it about a week ago and if it weren't for laundry, cooking, cleaning, helping kids with homework, gymnastics, basketball practice and more cleaning - I probably would have already been through. It's such a good book. I am anxious to get through with this first one and on to the next. Who would have thought that I would enjoy reading about a hot vampire - not typically my type of fiction. It has captivated me and I look forward to my nightly reading - even more so than the swiss cake rolls.

* It seems as if has been such a long time since we have had any time out of school, wait a minute it has been since Christmas. And Spring Break in two weeks still seems so distant. We all need a break so bad.

So, as you can see, things are going at the Davis house. We are anxiously awaiting the birth of a miniature baby donkey, basketball season to end and soccer season to start. Honestly, could we handle any more excitement?!

2 comments:

A is for Angela said...

love the blog and don't worry about the swiss cake rolls once u get moving u won't want them anymore. Exercising ain't all that bad if I can do it so can u. Plus u got all the kids stuff to keep u busy. Anyways keep posting blogs cause I love reading them. Ps~ find me a good man besides u know who. Hehehehe!!! Had to throw that in there.

Misty said...

I didn't read Twilight-but I was the ONLY of my friends who didn't! I did go see the movie with them though! =)
It is fun to read about all of you!
Here is my advise on your night cake roll addiction! I had my own addiction at night too! SWEET anything! But protein is the best to eat at night! If you need to chew and crunch go for Raw Almonds...if you need something sticky go for peanut butter, if you need filling go for turkey sandwich or veggies or eggs.... You will be amazed at your progress if you simply cut out a few things and add a few new things..
Good Luck!